Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal
Hair Removal using Candela GentleMax Pro Laser
Most procedures for removing unwanted hair only produce short-term results. These procedures can also cause certain skin problems like ingrown hair, dry skin, skin irritation or rashes, leading to post-inflammatory disturbances of pigmentation or wounds. Both women and man may experience these problems.
During the Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal procedure to remove unwanted hair, the hair follicle is destroyed but the surrounding skin is undamaged. Laser hair removal helps prevent the development of the aforementioned skin problems immediately after the first session.
At Northway Medical Centre in Klaipėda, we use the most effective, new generation Alexandrite Laser Candela GentleMaxPro to remove unwanted hair. This is a dual-wave laser system which offers the advantage of two lasers: these are 755nm Alexandrite laser GentleLase Pro and 1064nm GentleYag Pro. The system’s unique technology can treat various skin types, including light-to-olive complexions. Scientific research has proven the efficiency, speed and safety of Alexandrite lasers over IPL or diode lasers. Candela GentleMax Pro is the leader out of the most powerful lasers on the market, and is considered the “gold-standard” in the field of laser hair removal.
Is it a painful procedure?
A patented DCD cooling system cools the skin during the session and provides additional protection. As the cooling system works, the Alexandrite laser impulse does not cause any pain or discomfort. This modern system provides the best possible effect and does not require the use of any cooling gels.
What do I need to know before the session?
• at least 3 weeks prior to the laser session, avoid exposure to the sun or use sunscreen (SPF 30 – 50) to protect your skin.
• patients with Herpes simplex (viral infection) can receive antiviral treatment prior the session.
• at least one month prior to the session, the patient must not undergo any procedure which could damage the hair roots (wax depilation, tweezing, etc.).
• 1–2 days before the session, shave the areas of the skin which are to be treated. Before shaving, make sure to clean the skin. Don’t apply any lotions or creams to the skin on the day of the session.
• For at least 2 weeks before the session, don’t apply any self-tanning lotions to the skin.
• The procedure is not intended for pregnant women, but breastfeeding mothers can undergo hair removal treatment with the Alexandrite laser.
How many sessions do I need?
The number of sessions necessary to achieve the best results varies with each patient, depending on their skin and hair type. It is recommended that patients follow a course of 3–6 sessions every 4–6 weeks. Effects can be observed immediately after the first session: a portion of the hair falls out and the general skin condition improves. The hair count will gradually decline with each procedure. After this, the session per year will be sufficient to maintain the desired effect.